View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #40
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Default Re: Neal Adam's Batman Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
Guys i didnt mean that Adams should try and draw like Lee, its just that he hasnt improved, refined or modernized it. Yes its got a timeless feel to it, but i think he should have upgraded it over the years.
It looks like Neal Adams has upgraded it. Neal Adams' art for Batman: Odyssey looks much more detailed than his earlier art.

Neal Adams said, "I have never been able to bring my "A" game to Batman, to my satisfaction. Oh, a little here and there, but all out? Never, never. On this project? Yep."

Quote:
Lee didnt always draw like that. If i am not mistaken, his first works looked like Liefield's but over the years he's become a god.
Jim Lee has obviously improved in anatomy and his art is much more detailed on All-Star Batman than his first works had been.

Quote:
Obviously i enjoy different artists and i appreciate Adams, so i'll enjoy his work.
Good.

Quote:
Btw, Quitely and Nguyen are my favourite artists, who are yours?
A wide variety. Neal Adams, Kelley Jones, Dave McKean, Jim Lee, Adam Hughes, Darwyn Cooke, Kyle Baker, Gene Colan, Kevin Nowlan, Bill Sienkiewicz, Frank Miller, the late great Wally Wood.

B i R D M A N
In theaters now.

Better Call Saul
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 01-19-2010 at 12:42 PM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote