View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #115
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Has Batman hurt the genre where costumes are concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
And yet you're arguing that Batman hasn't hurt the genre in the costumes department?
I fail to see how justifying why a hero wears what he/she does is hurting anything. As far as I can see Batman (and Iron Man) has only improved the superhero genre by giving reason and logic to the costume situation, it gives greater depth to the overall character as to why someone would go to this extraordinary length to become what they become. Once again though it comes back to a case by case scenario. Some characters don't need much in terms of explanation, like Thor's outfit pretty much speaks for itself and GL's is more or less the corps uniform, pretty easy. But then you get to someone like Cap Am you go 'Why would someone get around fighting in WW2 wearing that?' or Wonder Woman and go 'Why would she wear a swimsuit and stilettos boots when she's from an ancient culture?'. It actually baffles me that Batman is being blamed here for really nothing more than rational thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I dont see how IM is considered a realistic movie.
I don't recall anyone saying anything of the sort.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote