View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #9
ALittlePush
Side-Kick

Default Re: What was wrong with the current trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
To me, this is what should of happend...
> The only main cast members should of been, Professor X, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Iceman, Rogue, Pyro, Magneto & Mystique...
"Non of the above should of died in the movie"
> The only new characters to the mix should of been Beast, Gambit, Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost & Avalanche... and they should of had roles only just larger than a cameo with exception to Sebastian Shaw who would serve as the main protagonist.
I thought Xavier's death was done well and was one of the highlights of the film for me. The X-Men had the funeral and realised Jean had reached the point of no return.

Cyclops should not have been killed or if he did have to be killed, kill him at the end as a result of killing Phoenix.

If the new characters roles are only just larger than a cameo, why bother having them in the first place unless they serve a purpose in the story that no other existing character could serve?

Quote:
The Cure - storyline should not of been used, it is a good story but merging it with the phoenix saga was a mistake.
I agree and disagree. For the length of movie we got, they should of definitely done one storyline or the other rather than merging the two. It wasn't really a merged storyline either. It was two plotlines running side by side that occasionally crossed over every now and then. Neither story got the time it really deserved. Had the film been longer, and the plotlines better merged, I reckon it would have been an overall better film. I enjoyed the film for what it is, it just feels rushed though.

Quote:
after that a new peace treaty is signed which is all following xaviers dream. Magneto has a renewed faith in humanity losing his hatrid and finally bringing xavier and magneto to being friends again. the brotherhood are disbanded but the conflict between pyro and iceman still continues... to which Iceman leaves the school to join X-Factor - which is established by the goverment.

This all has set up for the 4th movie where the legacy virus would bring back Magneto's hatrid for humanity. and also introduce Sinister
I'm not too keen on the idea of Magneto losing his hatred then getting it back for the next movie.
Magneto: I hate humans.......no I don't.........yes I do.

I like the idea of a mutant taskforce established by the government, however, I wouldn't necessarily call it X-Factor.