View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
OB12
Side-Kick

Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Since my last post may be the last one in the old thread, I'll re-post it here:

Not necessarily. Several weeks ago there was a quote from Johnson saying that he was finding the trickiest part of the casting process to be finding someone who could also be convincing as the weakling outsider. And let's face it, no matter what effects you use on him, NO ONE would buy McPartlin as a weakling; not with that voice, neck, square jaw, shoulders, etc. For all we know, he could've acted the hell out of every other aspect of Cap, but that still would've been a deal-breaker.

One thing I can say about all these current candidates, is that with a little movie magic, I could buy them all as the weakling outsider. That said, I couldn't buy most of them as the commanding leader though, just because I don't think they have the skills or presence to pull it off.

Thank God Evans is still in the race.
I guess I could see that as a possible reason for not going with McPartlin, but it would seem rather foolish. Why eliminate a potential good casting because he might not be believable for 5% of the movie? Conversely, why limit the casting to candidates who physically wouldn't be able to pull off a convincing super soldier just so that they would be more believable as a weakling?