View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #50
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Quote:
Ah. The same way I enjoy James Bond without Sean Connery. Also you think I approach this from a character focus.

No.

I'm talking about the actors.
That doesn't really make sense... you can't have the character without the actors... If Evans is Captain America, you get both at once. Also, don't forget what actors get paid to do..... Act. Tying an actor to one role is a little silly and narrow minded, especially one as forgettable as Human Torch from F4. Not saying Evans wasn't a good Johnny Storm, just that it was hardly an iconic film or character. If we were talking someone else playing Jack Sparrow or Hannibal Lecter or something, fair enough, but seriously, who will honestly care? At most, for a general audience, people will just go "oh, I recognise that guy"... As for us fans, unless the guy actually acts like he did as Human Torch, I don't see what the problem would be. The assumption is that whoever is cast did a good job in auditions, and portrayed a convincing Cap, i dont see any reason why he cant at least be given the benefit of the doubt. Also, if the Cap movie is a success, he'll quickly become a lot more of an iconic figure than Johnny Storm ever was or will be, with 9 movies, avengers and all, and being tied into already succesful franchises. In short, I stand by original comment of silly fanboy narrow mindedness.