View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #1543
Mr. Majestic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The New Ultimate DC RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I’m go head and drop Midnighter, I never even posted as him anyways. Figured I’d try something a bit different.

Application .

. THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG .
Character Application

.Screen name: Mr. Majestic

.Character you wish to portray: Connor Hawke Jr a.k.a Arsenal

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: Connor has no powers but since he is a student of the Kyudo discipline he is a extraordinary fine archer.His skills in martial arts is way above average. A unique skill of his is he is able to duplicate the skill of others. He has been trained in Japanese martial arts and is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. Has also been trained in blind fighting

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):Connor is the son of Connor Hawke Senior and Sandra Hawke. After finding out that her husband was responsible for getting Oliver Queen thrown in jail she immediately cut all ties with her husband and took their 8 year old son with her.

After leaving her husband, Sandra and her son went from place to place not really finding a place to call home. At one period they found a stable home at her father’s cattle ranch in Idaho. From there Connor had grown to become a problem child, being impulsive and undisciplined. Not wanting her son to fallow in his father foot steps she finally told her son the truth about what kind of man his father is, but she didn’t stop there. She knew that it would take more than information on Connor’s father to help change him to become that man she knows he can be. So she sent her son to NapaValley where Connor attended Ashram Monastery. There Connor met Master Jansen.

Master Jansen raised Connor for the next nine years. Connor spent all his efforts becoming the best student he could be, a master of Aikido and a Kyudo archer. He did this so he could not only become a better man than his father but also be strong enough to bring his father to justice for the crimes he did to Mr. Queen and all of the other people who has got in his way over the years.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Since the Green Arrow has been established already I had to chose someone else and decided to go with Connor instead of Roy Harper. I figured I can develop a good story with Connor since in this Universe Connor Hawke Senior has control over Queen Industries (Or maybe had. I haven’t got that far in Eddie Brocks posts.) It will make for a good turn of events to see how this all plays out since my character doesn’t want anything to do with his father.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well to begin with he is not the son of the Green Arrow. Instead he is the son of the man who framed Oliver Queen so he could keep the Queen’s company. Of course my version of Arsenal is not Roy and also my version will be in his teens. I’m thinking maybe 17.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I love doing this, even though im not the best I give it my all (sometimes) I feel like I can bring some good story telling on board. I post a good amount if I’m not doing an arc when I have to wait for someone else to post. Heck if Eddie Brock returns I could even make a good side kick.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

“Master Jansen?” I say surprise to see him enter my room.

He says nothing but drops newspaper articles and magazines with Green Arrow on the cover.

“I can explain master.”

Before I could continue he steps to my side and place his hand on my shoulder.

“There is no need for you to give an explanation for your actions. I have always known what was in your heart since I first seen you as a child. My only concern is the reason you wish to walk this path.”

Before replying I take a brief moment.

“Master before my feet ever touch one step in front of these doors, I always seen myself as one who didn’t know where his destiny may lay. Being so I became a trouble soul not caring about any consequences my actions may have caused. My mother knew of what road I was going down so she told me the stories of my father. He was down a path I myself was fallowing. Thanks to myself for telling me the truth about him I knew that I needed to change my ways…” I then kneel down and pull out a suitcase from under my bed. “When I came here I felt that I was home but as the years went by I felt that I was missing something in my life. After getting these newspaper articles I knew what it was…” I then pop the suitcase open and grab the item inside. “… I had to do. I must bring honor back to my name and to do so I must bring my father to justice. With this I will.”

I then turn around showing Master Jansen the custom that I will wear to fight those who have wrong the Innocent.

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?: