View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #69
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The Iron Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Because of the outrageous 3D ticket prices alot of movies will be passing 1bil in just a few years.

And Tony I'd totally agree that a film will soon open with 200mil...I just don't think that IM2 will be that film. If A Nightmare on Elm Street fails to crack 30mil this weekend I might just up my prediction to 175-180mil because that will mean that people are probably waiting for the first summer movie to come out. Ofcourse my theory could easily be bulls**t but I'll predict those numbers anyway.

I still don't quite see it passing New Moon's opening day but it will undoubtedly have a better weekend multiplier. I mean I wouldn't be suprised if it had a bigger opening day than New Moon but for some reason I just think that it will miss it by a 1mil or so.

Well it's definitely going to be between Iron Man 2 and Eclipse for the top summer movie I believe. All the Twilight movies do well because they have such a strong female demographic, although I read somwhere that for a Superhero movie IM2 tracked well among women.

Anyway, as people mentioned, with 3D prices and theaters in general increasing ticket prices, billion dollar movies will be common place and I can see the day where a 100 mil opening in the summer might be viewed as "bad".

Clearly Alice in Wonderland wouldn't have broken the March records had it not been in 3D.