View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #97
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The Iron Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Only three out of ten movies that grossed over 400 million came out in May: Spider-man, Shrek 2, and The Phantom Menace.

But Iron Man 2 doesn't have that much direct competition. Only Prince of Persia and that comes out three weeks later.
And who knows how Prince of Persia will do. To me it looks like it's got "bomb" written all over it. Not too many movies based on video games have been successful. The first Tomb raider barely made back production costs, and the second one bombed out big time. Jake Gylenhaal to me is not an actor who can carry a film. He's pretty much bombed out in everything he's tried to be a leading man in.

Robin Hood will be interesting. This movie has potential to be a big suprise, well see.

IM2 may not face any real competition until Eclipse which if IM breaks TDK's records, there a chance Eclipse might break IM2's. I hope not because I can't stand the Twilight series. Still you can't deny the power of the tween friendly love fest.

The biggest joke of the summer to me looks like Jonah Hex, which could have been a very cool film. But they decided to take one of this generations best actors in Josh Brolin, and paired him with one of this generations worst in Megan Fox. Fitting though that she's playing a whore. Yeah she is hot, but that's the only reason she's employed in Hollywood.