View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #15
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Y'know it is kind of funny. I feel the most hyped and popular things among the fans of the film:

1) Whiplash/Mickey Rourke.
2) How hot ScarJo is in this movie and the set-up to The Avengers.
3) The War Machine armor.

Yet, in all honesty none of those things left a huge impact on me. It is not the actors' faults. Rourke and Cheadle are amazing character actors. ScarJo can be very good with the right direction and script. They just didn't have anything to do here. Almost any physically imposing actor who can...kinda do a Russian accent could have played Vanko.

The four things that stood out, IMO:

1. Downey
2. Paltrow
3. Rockwell
4. The fight scenes

And in that order. I hope Favreau pulls it back for IM3, especially if Marvel gets Avengers out of their system, because like Raimi this was just too much. And just because he handled it faster than Raimi, I do not think he handled too much better. If he wants to make a fun superhero flick, as he obviously does, that coasts off awesomeness and acting...then don't make a convoluted film that bites off more than it can chew.

Again my hats off to the three actors who I think kept this movie entertaining. Because despite an awesome first act with the Congressional Hearing and the Monaco stuff. From the prison escape to Hammer's EXPO presentation, the film really does coast off the acting for an hour.

--John Adams

Last edited by DACrowe; 05-08-2010 at 01:10 PM.
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote