View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #44
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dance-Off: Drunk Iron Man vs Justin Hammer at Stark Expo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Not for me .... Tobey looked ridiculous because that scene was so horribly out of place ....and let's be honest, it was Tobey.

At the point that the birthday scene went down, we had already previously learned what a loose canon he had become. I mean the guys is DYING ... lol .... We've already known him to be a party boy from the first film.

I thought the scene was hilarious. Especially the part about urinating in his suit.
Excuses, excuses. I think the Emo dancing was worse. But this was in the same ballpark. It was cheesy and too comedic. Seeing Tony dance in that suit and then get in a drunken brawl wasn't that clever. It just reminds me of Superman III and Spider-Man 3 where they turn the hero's darkside into a bad joke. It is opening weekend, so it is okay now. But fans will turn on thiss scene soon, especially after they watch it on DVD a lot. Because it honestly does not work. Rockwell' sdancing was funny. Tony dancing was just a lame gag with Favreau in the same mindset as Raimi. Favreau didn't add hip thrusts or a bad haircut and disco music. But it is an apples to apples comparison.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote