View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Agreed. At first I wasn't crazy about Paltrow when she was cast as Pepper. However, after seeing her performance in the first one, I was blown away. She builds on it in the second one.

I love how she is never the damsel-in-distress as well. The writing team and Favs set her apart from other female leads in super hero movies by instead giving her something crucial to do, letting her be a hero in her own way. Plus, even when she is the damsel at the very end with the explosion, it is not because she is weak and the villain has exploited that. It is instead because she is a strong leader who stays behind to make sure others are safe before herself. Very well done. And even when Iron Man saves her, instead of swooning in his arms, she is annoyed and tries to quit.

The writing combined with Paltrow's acting just make for an amazing character who deserves far more credit than Scarlett Johannson or any super hero film female.