View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #54
cryptic name
No Limits

Default Re: Dance-Off: Drunk Iron Man vs Justin Hammer at Stark Expo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Excuses, excuses. I think the Emo dancing was worse. But this was in the same ballpark. It was cheesy and too comedic. Seeing Tony dance in that suit and then get in a drunken brawl wasn't that clever. It just reminds me of Superman III and Spider-Man 3 where they turn the hero's darkside into a bad joke. It is opening weekend, so it is okay now. But fans will turn on thiss scene soon, especially after they watch it on DVD a lot. Because it honestly does not work. Rockwell' sdancing was funny. Tony dancing was just a lame gag with Favreau in the same mindset as Raimi. Favreau didn't add hip thrusts or a bad haircut and disco music. But it is an apples to apples comparison.
not at all. Tony's dancing and the subsequent shooting things with repulsor's was kind of funny, but really troubling because it was the equivalent of watching someone you care about drunk driving, only in this case driving basically a super high tech jet fighter instead of a car. it fit right in that point in the story and was part of a larger scene with actual context. the dancing in Spider-Man 3 was just superfluous and lame.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote