View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #21
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I probably agree with this statement most of all. This movie is like a Bond film, you can just pop it in and watch it any old time. To an extent Spider-man 2 is like that, however I hated the power loss thing, it didn't make much sense to me, but I love Doc Ock, and the movie has one of the all time great superhero/villian battles.

The Dark Knight to me is extremely hard to watch. The movie just takes itself way to seriously, and thus kills my enjoyment sittng through it, and Christian Bale's Batman voice makes me want to chuckle. I don't think that was the intent. It's too bad Michael Keaton couldn't have done these movies.
Well I would say that Batman is generally dark and serious, and The Dark Knight fitted that tone, given its subject matter. It is a good film, but you'd have to be in the mood to watch it. It's not easy viewing, I'll say that, and not the sort of thing you'd want to chill out to and relax. That's probably why, referencing that other Iron Man 2 Oscar thread, TDK is Oscar material, but you wouldn't necessarily want to watch an Oscar-winning/nominated film over and over again or for fun.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote