View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #21
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Well I would say that Batman is generally dark and serious, and The Dark Knight fitted that tone, given its subject matter. It is a good film, but you'd have to be in the mood to watch it. It's not easy viewing, I'll say that, and not the sort of thing you'd want to chill out to and relax. That's probably why, referencing that other Iron Man 2 Oscar thread, TDK is Oscar material, but you wouldn't necessarily want to watch an Oscar-winning/nominated film over and over again or for fun.
This. There I movies I know are great, but I just don't want to watch them all the time. Schindler's List, Gladiator, Memento, all of them, great movies, but I don't want to pop them in and watch them when I want to relax and chill.

IM2 is a movie I'll have fun watching any time. It's got a solid story, but it ultimately suffers from the same thing the first one did.

When we get down to it, the story isn't anything special. Rather formulaic. However, the cast is so damn good, you don't care. RDJ is hilarious, and he makes it more then worth while. Also, I had the pleasure of watching IM and IM2 back to back (my theatre was doing a double feature) and I have to say, these two movies, more then any other superhero movie I've seen, fit together perfectly. It didn't feel like I was watching a sequel. It felt like I was watching a continuation. It was merely the next entry in what is going to be a longer story. I've honestly never felt like that with any other superhero series. They usually have a slightly different feel to them. But these two worked together.

It was really cool, because it really gave you that sense of all these characters being in one world, which just gets me that much more excited for Avengers.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote