View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #98
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebox View Post
Everyone's talking about their personal favorites, but what's more interesting to me is the general, cultural reception. TDK, SM2, X2 received (to all intents and purposes) unanimous praise from critics and the fans pretty much responded in kind. IM2 simply has not had that and, furthermore, is seen as a drop down from its predecessor unlike the aformentioned sequels.

SO the question is, will it's reputation become better as the years go on or will it remain as it is?
Honestly, it's all gonna depend on how The Avengers is. Even though I liked it, The Avengers is the film that's gonna help Iron Man 2 make more sense to the GA and critics. If the Avengers is successful, then its only gonna make the films preceding look much better.

EDIT: I do believe that Iron Man 2 had gotten lower scores from critics than it should have. Though there were problems with tone and pacing, it wasn't bad enough to give warrant negative reviews. The GA liked it from the user scores of Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes, overall I think its gonna stay a popular film in people's minds despite the critics.

Last edited by Parker Wayne; 05-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote