View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #34
RoboAmish
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDUI View Post

Since you have a 'Cantstandja' avatar even you know that there are no good or bad Curb episodes. Only Curb. Its the same story structure that resolve the same way since his work on Seinfield, formulaic like a Law and Order. You either Love it, which I do, or you find it lame, which alot of people do I guess. Sometimes Larry David's yarn and fillibustering is flat too, but that's no to say it's bad IMO. You either find that particular diatribe weak or strong. Itsall good. But there ALWAYS talking over each other.
heh heh, I believe Curb is possibly the funniest show in all of existence. I love improv when it works well and that is an example of excellent improv. Sometimes, RDJ/ GP reminded me of some of the earlier episodes where it was a bit more amateurish and they did tend to talk over each other a lot more, but mostly, the comparison was down to the fact that it reminded me of a Curb type conversation, except it didn't come off as well, came across as far too amateurish and indulgent. But hell, neither of them was Larry David so I can't hold that against them

RoboAmish is offline   Reply With Quote