View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #36
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Hey ScarJo was hot in the movie, no question. But if she wasn't in the movie, nobody would have noticed something was missing (other than some ridiculous eye candy!). But her character, other than a slick fight scene, had nothing to contribute other than a teaser to The Avengers.

Without Pepper, this movie would have been unbearable in the middle. Which makes me wonder if one of the reasons IM1 is better is it is all about the chemistry between Downey, Paltrow and Bridges. None of this multi-layered-semi-SM3 mess going around.

But you're right.
Black Widow was important,she helped War Machine and Ironman,when they were in trouble and punched in a bunch of stuff. Potts couldn't do it. Black Widow helped the story go further. The only time Potts got her hero moment was in Ironman 1 twice,and when she informed Hogan in Monaco and got Hammer arrested,you're making Potts out to be more useful than she was in Ironman 2 I think. For the most part,I don't think Potts helps keep Stark alive,Stark clearly helps himself more to stay alive than she doe's.

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 05-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote