View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #48
Figs
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I enjoy the comics and love to read them, but the film is NOT the comic, there is only so much you can fit in 2hour-2 and a half hours, before it starts to feel bloated and abit too full to move well, that's what I felt with this film, when it got momentum is was great but then you get a road block that slows it all down, a steady build up is best but IM2 goes, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast.
The "non comic" people I know that have seen it have all said it felt like they were trying to do too much at once, and most don't like Pepper just baffles me how she is getting so much love for not doing an awful lot.
I'd have rather had more Whiplash build up/character development than the Pepper Road Blocks.
I also wanted more of that but was still happy with the film.

The film may not be the comic but as a comic fan, and I know plenty of others are like this, I want it to be as accurate as possible. I saw the movie three times and still don't agree with everyone who thinks the pacing was off but I guess that's because I wanted it to be accurate to the comics so I didn't mind the scenes with Pepper or SHIELD.

Figs is online now   Reply With Quote