View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #51
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
The scene where Black Widow hacks into War Machine and then tells Stark about it annoyed me, for some reason Pepper was on the other computer and we got a short stupid conversation about Tony dying, why was she there all she did was yet again moan at Tony for doing something, it totally broke up the tension of the moment for a what I guess was supposed to be a little comedy moment which just failed and was pretty pointless.
You don't have much of a sense of humor about your superhero movies do you? The action was done (for now) and they wanted a breather in between this and the next action setpiece. Technically speaking they had to resolve before the credits rolled that Pepper somehow finds out he was dying. But most importantly, it was funny. And not in a lame way that you laugh at the movie. But a LOL moment that had my entire audience going. It reminds me a bit of the reveal that Cary Grant is going nuts at the end of Frank Capra's wonderful Arsenic and Old Lace and his wife gets upset but he drags her off to their honeymoon before she can complain.

Oddball comedy+Robert Downey Jr+Jon Favreau=win.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote