View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #22
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I probably agree with this statement most of all. This movie is like a Bond film, you can just pop it in and watch it any old time. To an extent Spider-man 2 is like that, however I hated the power loss thing, it didn't make much sense to me, but I love Doc Ock, and the movie has one of the all time great superhero/villian battles.

The Dark Knight to me is extremely hard to watch. The movie just takes itself way to seriously, and thus kills my enjoyment sittng through it, and Christian Bale's Batman voice makes me want to chuckle. I don't think that was the intent. It's too bad Michael Keaton couldn't have done these movies.
To each their own. I learned from my younger fanboy days of watching SM1, SM2 and X1 to the point of exhaustion (I find it hard to sit through those films now, because I watched them so much when they first hit DVD) not to get overly obsessed with a film. I have watched TDK less than 5 times on Bluray, so it still holds up as an exhilerating crime drama for me. You have to be in the right mood to watch it...like when you put on The DEparted or LA Confidential. But the rewards are quadruplefold if you don't kill it for yourself.

Ironically I thought IM1 was great but has almost no rewatch value. Time will tell with IM2. SM2 has some rewatch value. I loved the losing-powers part. But if you've seen the movie more than 5 times (guilty) it really drags in the middle between the iconic trashcan scene and the train fight. But it is a brilliant film.

On a lighter note I'm happy to see my little thread is so popular.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote