View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #57
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow aka Pepper Potts: the REAL unsung hero of the Iron Man Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
I understand there needs to be a breather between action but most of the Pepper/Tony scenes just felt thrown in for the sake of having Gwyneth around. I would have rather we got a Black Widow and Nick Fury scene showing what they were upto to help develop them better.

I nor the people I saw the film with including the audience never laughed at any of the Pepper/Tony moments, just at Tony's stuff.

I do have a sense of humor I just don't see it when she is around.

See, I don't think Pepper needed to be added into the sequel as a comedy moment for Tony. Things have changed since the first one. She's grown a bit more backbown, she's taking over the company. She doesn't have nearly the time to babysit Tony as she did before. Her being in charge, means less of a role. It wouldn't make sense to have her show up so often when she has a ton of other stuff on her plate to worry about. And I think she even says something to that effect in the movie.

But I still think it was important to have some scenes with her in it to show what's going on with her during this transition. But a lot has changed between them since IM2. Tony is now part of a much larger universe, Pepper has the company. It's a logical transition that the two would drift apart.