View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Solo sequels or Avengers sequels???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
I'm kinda worried about the drop off solo movies will have in light of Avengers. It's inevitable but still, even IM3 may have an issue. The Avengers movie, or the SHIELD movie almost need to be setups in of itself, just for the sake of hinting at or deliberately leaving material for Cap sequels. Maybe we will need a Red Skull "Mwwwwhahahaha" after credit scene or something. Avengers shouldn't be a climax by any stretch. Whatever the main threat is in the movie needs to be neutralized, but I feel we also need some setups for future Cap villains if they intend to make sequels. I actually have a feeling the SHIELD movie SLJ was talking about may end up featuring Cap regardless just to give the movie a true presence.
Marvel is in a weird place after avengers; they don't really have any A-list properties left to unveil...which leaves me with a feeling that they're hoping to make Thor, Cap, and Avengers trilogies...they at least need to plan 1 big tentpole for the next 10 years...and to be honest, none of the other movies have that 400-500 million dollar potential.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote