Originally Posted by TNC9852002
How many James McAvoy movies have YOU seen?
Mine (with comments, because I can't help gushing over the man!
- I just adore everything about this brilliant film, and it's a great injustice that James wasn't nominated for Best Actor that year. My favorite film and favorite performance.
The Last King of Scotland
- Another great injustice, because James was as fantastic as Forest. And he was
the main character, but I agree that a Best Supporting nom would be fair enough - it's unfortunate it never happened.
- I don't care what people say, I love this film. I thought it was inventive and crazy and totally different from the majority of summer movies and even from comics-based films - and James was great as the wimp-turned-assassin guy. Timur is a one of a kind director, I want to see more of his stuff.
- Sweet, and kind of unconventional fairy tale. I know that young girls in general love James in it, but it's not a performance I would rank too high. It was just a nice supporting role.
Inside I'm Dancing
(or Rory O'Shea was Here
) - wonderful performance of an arrogant, vain, troublemaker, crazy young punk with muscular dystrophy. Highly recommended.
Shakespeare Retold: Macbeth
- Scary, intriguing and even funny version of the famous play; another brilliant performance, another favorite.
Starter for 10
- James came directly from the Last King shooting in Uganda to a sweet coming-of-age story about a bright but socially awkward teenager entering College, so this just shows his versatility as an actor - and his "age versatilty" too!
- It's a nice period film, maybe too conventional, but as always I enjoyed James' performance, even though it's not one of my favorite films.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- I never cared much for the film, too childish for me. But something attracted me to the faun guy as soon as he showed up.
He was so charismatic, even in a small, supporting role.
Bright Young Things
- Maybe his first role in a big production, it's a pity it was just a small supporting one, because I wanted to know more about the character. James makes us care for his characters even if he's on the screen for five minutes.
- Meh. I don't like the film, but James was nice enough doing comedy.
- Errrr...an oddity. Just if you're a James' fan, or a fan of bollywood-type stuff.
The TV series:
State of Play
- Well, what can I say? One of the best mini series ever, and I urge you to watch it - it's brilliant writing alongside brilliant performances. Forget about the film, especially because you won't get James as the brash young journalist, simply fantastic.
Children of Dune
- Wow. I can't say I'm a fan of Dune in general, but he was SO good in it. So serious and convincing and intense, a lovely emotional performance all around.
- It seems they'll remake the series in the US, but I don't see how it'll work. Oh well, the original was shamelessly funny, even though I saw only the two initial seasons, because of James and his wife-to-be Anne-Marie Duff, a great actor as well.
Band of Brothers
, chapter 4 - "Replacements" - A lot of people are surprised nowadays when they find out James was in it. It was a small supporting role, but I guess it opened a lot of doors for him.
Yep, I'm biased!
But I can't help it, James is my favorite actor right now and I'm so happy he's doing a film based on my favorite group of superheroes ever!