View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #31
Drz
Real Hero

Default Re: Who was the best robin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
It's not always about influence....sometimes it comes to quality of character.
Well this is a poll about who is our favorite Robin. Man-Bat just pointed out why he found Carrie the best and why she's so influencial to the mythos.
Quote:
Tim has been fleshed out and in many people's opinion, is the better character.
Well alot of people think X or Y things. This is really subjetive which is the best out there, but influence is an actual fact.
Quote:
He changed the way the character of Robin was looked at.
I don't know. Joel made the Robin way too whiny and selffish... Damn those teen hormones!

Quote:
He wasn't an orphan
Was his age ever said? If he was adopted by Bruce legally, then yes he was momentarily an orphan. Carrie Kelley was never an orphan.
Quote:
He's someone that Batman needed.
Same goes for Kelley tho. Wheres Dennis O'Neill had to make the fans approve of the new Robin by having Dick Grayson approve him. (Remember that it is the Dick Grayson fans that killed Jason) And Tim proved himself by helping Batman againts Two-Face to prove himself.

Carrie is in the mutant fight and rescues Batman, she kinda approved herself by being at the right place and doing the right thing, she knew first aid from girl scouts and thus Batman (while alot of times threatening to fire her) proved herself to Batman. She became essantual to Batman.

Quote:
He flipped this convention on its head and if you can't see his importance to the lore, I don't know what to say.
Oh it was a good way of justifying the new Robin withouth pissing off the Dick Grayson fans again, but at the end of the day we're just talking about how Dennis O'Neill found a way to not repeat the same mistake done with Jason Todd.