View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
The Oldest Geek
Default Re: Batman: City of Scars

OK, I just had a chance (via my PS3) to see this with sound.
A few impressions (in no particular order) keeping in mind this is a relatively low-budget fan-film.
Overall art direction - Very good, nice and moody, appropriate to a Batman film. I liked the costume, Kevin Porter looked every inch The Batman in it (reminded me a little of Lee's interpretation). Molnar's makeup was a little better than it was in Patient J (looked like they got rid of the chin-piece).
The Acting - generally OK, with some weak moments as was pointed out. Porter was good, except for when narrating he occasionally got a little "lispy". Overall, though I liked his performance. Molnar was much better here than he was in Patient J.
The writing - Generally good, but occasionally wordy, especially the ending speech which went on a little too long.
The music - Didn't care for it.
Overall - With a few flaws that in my opinion can be forgiven due to the low budget constraints, I thought it a good effort, and it shows a potential for what could be done by the right people with a Batman film that truly reflects the comics. Give someone like the Schoenke brothers a few million dollars, and see what happens.
Go ahead, I'll wait right here.

Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?

Last edited by Bathead; 06-20-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote