View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #24
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Well x-Maniac, a lot of your ideas--no offense, don't seem unique enough.

I'm not saying necessarily that I don't know how they'll be able to top some of those very creative displays of power both subtle and extreme (Magneto creating a makeshift bridge as he's walking full pace in X1 is still one of my favorite scenes as well). I'm just curious at what they can do and make it so unique that it could blow our minds. I remember a very cool idea in Wolverine and the X-Men where Magneto's lair was made all completely metal and when the X-Men tried to attack him while inside, he molded and pushed himself around the house, moving the rooms around, shaping his floors and the walls around like they were made of liquid, and used the house as a weapon. A variation of THAT would be cool to see.

...and that magnetic force bubble dome--probably would be nice, too..
No offence taken, they were just ideas straight off the top of my head.

Not sure First Class will reach the point where he would have a metal lair (wasn't it his fortress on Genosha? Where the walls opened and closed?), as it's an origin flick. Sounds like the sort of development of his villainous lifestyle that would suit an X4, if anything.

I get what you mean about subtle/unique power displays (and I've loved the ones we've seen previously). But we also need to see his 'might' as well as his 'subtlety'.

In terms of more interesting uses of magnetic power, what about something like the comic book sequence where he fought Banshee by drawing iron particles from wreckage and then fusing them round Banshee's body so he was encased in solid metal? Also, he vibrated metal walls to generate frequencies that warped Banshee's scream back at him. And he could detect the path (and destination) of a teleporter by sensing the disruptions in the earth's magnetic field.

Also, maybe we could see him use metal wreckage to create a makeshift craft to transport him, Xavier and the others - he'd levitate it through the air like a high-speed UFO.

As for displays of might, he could take on a fleet of Nazi planes and smash them into each other or into the ground, protecting himself and the others in a magnetic force dome.

Just a few more wild thoughts...

Last edited by X-Maniac; 06-29-2010 at 08:11 AM.