View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #28
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Default Re: Marvel Films vs DC Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The next two years are the years for this "war."

The Spider-Man reboot, Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers vs. Green Lantern, Superman reboot, and Batman 3...with the possibility of Flash or Wonder Woman.

Marvel has to knock all four of those films out of the park. They almost have no choice. As does DC with Green Lantern and Superman.

Batman 3 is pretty much a given...and depending on the team that Nolan and company assemble for Superman, that might be a given as well.

By the end of 2012, we can look at the total products by the two companies and make definitive decisions.

In the early days, Marvel was killing it. From '98 to '04, you had Blade, Blade 2, X-Men, X2, Spider-Man 2, and Hulk. Anyway you slice it, good to great films.

But, for me lately, DC's killing it. From '04 to present, you've had Constantine, V for Vendetta, Watchmen (Ultimate Cut thank you!), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight (the masterpiece of the genre), and yes Superman Returns.

Both have had their clunkers over the years...more Marvel than DC, but hopefully we'll get a lot less in the coming years.
in the last decade I've only enjoyed BB and TDK from DC, the other movies you list have ranged from average to aweful.

also you say superman being great is a given, nolan was perfect for batman with his realistic style, I'm really not sure that style will fit superman, we'll see.

I agree with you that TDK is the best superhero movie I have seen but I think SM2 and IM run it close.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote