View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #37
TNC9852002
Banned User

Default Re: Caleb Landry Jones cast as Banshee

I'm thinking unless the actor has been professionally trained or can naturally pull-off such an accent...and unless that character's origins or nationality plays a large part in the movie or is not distracting, I guess to save money on an acting coach, they just do away with it. I think it's part of the reason why they dropped Storm's accent and most other subsequent accents, especially after they scrapped her origin scene(s).

If it were up to me, I'd spend the extra thousands of dollars in order to bring some authenticity to the portrayal of the characters and the source material...But, that's just me.. If it'll cost me $1000 to teach Daniel Cudmore to speak 4 lines in Russian or with a correct inflection or speech matter, so be it. At least I'll maintain support of the millions of Colossus fans in the world who appreciated it and add value to my effort in creating a faithful adaptation.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 08-06-2010 at 01:35 PM.
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote