View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #34
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
The made Dog Logan into Victor Creed, which I was OK with (I loved the idea that they were brothers), but created a whole other issue with the Thomas Logan character by causing all this confusion with the names. You can't even get away with saying his name was "James Logan" because even Kayla called him Logan. I don't think his girlfriend would be calling him by his last name.

Oddly enough, they changed James Hudson to Travis Hudson. Guess they didn't need two characters named "James" in the same movie.

It was definitely a little too poofy in Origins. I think it looked best in X1.
When I first saw the 'Brothers' trailer that revealed that Logan and Sabretooth were going to be related in the movie, I was very excited, because their past has been a mystery for all these years and I still don't buy the Jeph Loeb reasoning for why they must always fight, because of ancient animalistic mutants that they evolved from, or whatever. So making Victor take the place of Dog was fine for me, but like you said, the name Logan just came out of nowhere after that point.

I could buy it if his middle name was Logan, because sometimes people do just prefer to be called by a different name -my friend's mother always called her husband by his last name, so I guess it's just a matter of what each person likes to be referred to as, since I never heard of something like that before. It doesn't bother me too much that we get no explanation as to where that name came from, but it really could've been a five minute scene to fix all of that, at most.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote