View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidboy View Post
When I first saw the 'Brothers' trailer that revealed that Logan and Sabretooth were going to be related in the movie, I was very excited, because their past has been a mystery for all these years and I still don't buy the Jeph Loeb reasoning for why they must always fight, because of ancient animalistic mutants that they evolved from, or whatever. So making Victor take the place of Dog was fine for me, but like you said, the name Logan just came out of nowhere after that point.

I could buy it if his middle name was Logan, because sometimes people do just prefer to be called by a different name -my friend's mother always called her husband by his last name, so I guess it's just a matter of what each person likes to be referred to as, since I never heard of something like that before. It doesn't bother me too much that we get no explanation as to where that name came from, but it really could've been a five minute scene to fix all of that, at most.
Yeah, I knew where it came from, so it didn't bother me too much. But it had to be confusing for anyone who didn't know. I love the scene when Rose gives him that name in Origin, and while I can see why there was no need for Rose in the movie, something comparable would been great.

I loved the whole brother angle - much more Jeph Loeb explanation, which I never really liked. And I thought Hugh and Liev had terrific chemistry in the scenes they had together. I'm not a fan of the alternate mind-wipe scene from the DVD (seriously, why on earth would Logan volunteer for anything Stryker was offering at that point?), but I do love the moment when Victor keeps asking if Logan will remember him and wants the whole thing stopped when he learns that he won't. That was great.