View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #25
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Default Re: Transformers: Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
This is why everyone needs to buy the Battle for Cybertron toys. We should get toys of all the characters from the game. Getting Optimus, Megaton, Bumblebee, and Soundwave is NOT enough. We need Starscream, Jetfire, and everyone else.
The trouble with that is, Hasbro's already made Deluxe-sized Cybertronian Seekers (the 6" Titaniums), a decent Cybertronian Jetfire (the Classics figure based on "Stormbringer" - the Titanium "War Within" one sucked flat-out), and Cybertronian versions of Prowl (who could easily be repainted into Blue(Silver)streak and Smokescreen if Hasbro so wished) and Grimlock - plus there's supposedly a red Cliffjumper repaint of Bumblebee coming yet too, so it's not like Hasbro hasn't already made Cybertronian versions of many of the classic characters.

On top of that, too many of the WFC designs, IMO, have turned out to have that same generic 'futuristic-land-rover' alt-mode look - frankly, I would have preferred a Scout-class "War Within" Bumblebee over the current Deluxe-sized WFC design, myself. The "War Within" were a lot more distinct than WFC (plus I give Figueroa extra props for refining the Cybertronian alt-modes seen in the first episode of the G1 'toon, as well as incorporating elements of the original toys into their Cybertronian designs), although I do prefer the WFC versions of Optimus and Megatron, though.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com

Last edited by Jochimus; 08-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote