View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #53
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Exactly. I've been using TDK as an example for ages about how PG-13 could work for a more mature audience, because an R-rated Wolverine movie just ain't gonna happen anytime soon. They could definitely make a good PG-13 movie out of this and not lose any of the impact of his character.

According to this, Hugh has officially dropped out of another project (which I was really hoping to see, dammit) to begin training for Wolverine 2, which is expected to start shooting early next year.

Since it's going to be the Japan story...maybe some sword-fighting training?
Could be. I hope they stick as close to the original Claremont/Miller four ish mini as possible. I love that story.

It's just hard for me to get excited about a Fox produced X-men product. Origins did a lot of damage to the character, in my opinion more then B&R did to Batman. Now, that might seem like a big statement to make, but this is how I view it.

Batman and Robin was a joke. Everyone realized that, even the general public. It was just flat out bad. Wolverine was, unfortunately, incredibly average. It had speckles of greatness, and speckles of horribleness, but overall it was just very mediocre. It was blah. It didn't take any risks. It dumbed down the character and gave a bad interpretation of what could have been a poignant origin.

But unlike B&R, it wasn't bad enough to get Fox to stop making these movies. It was passable enough for them to feel all right with making more of these mediocre movies and not feel the need to tell a better story.

Now, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have much faith.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote