View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #65
X Knight
Saber Class

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Am I the only one in the entire world that thinks Hugh Jackman is STILL wrong for X-men? Too tall? Too nice looking? Not enough of a rough edge? Am I the only one?
no, you're not the only one.

I have nothing against Jackman; I just think he shouldn't have been cast as Wolverine in the 1st place.

IMO, one of the 1st requirements when looking for the Wolverine actor should have been "Height - Short to Average." Y'know, anywhere from 5'3" to 5'8" or 5'9". Even if you went with someone 5'9", you cast the other male leads taller ( like Cyclops ) and you give the impression that Wolverine is shorter than most guys.

You certainly do NOT make him among the TALLEST by casting a 6'3" actor. Look at the group shots of the Weapon X team in Origins. Wolverine is among the tallest! The guys who played Wraith and that guy who can contol electrical stuff are shorter than the rest. THAT should be Wolverine.

And setting the height issue aside, they also didn't get Wolverine's savage, feral personality right. The closest we got were when we first saw him in X1 and some scenes in X2. Other than that, Jackman was too "nice" and "pretty boy" and the way Wolverine was written was entirely too soft.....

And the worst part, imo, is that average person's image of Wolverine is Hugh Jackman! People who are not familiar with the comic, and only know Wolverine through the movies, will never know that Wolverine is supposed to be a short guy with a nasty, violent temper who'll rip you to shreds.....

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote