View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #72
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
The height thing was an annoyance to me, but the bad script and characterization bother me much more. I don't blame Hugh for it either. I wouldn't have minded if they had used camera tricks to make him look shorter (which they could have done) but I don't think Hugh was necessarily miscast. Again, they could have done it with him.
It's not Hugh's fault he's tall!

He looks even taller in person...and honestly, seeing him up close, you'd never know he was the guy who played Wolverine when he's just looking like a normal person.

Quote:
I however, do NOT want to see a 5'3 Wolverine. Yes, he's listed that way in the comics, but he's never drawn that way. I think a 5'7 to 5'9 Wolverine would be best.

Either way though, I wouldn't have minded origins had it included a good script and they still had Hugh be tall. Sure, it would be an annoyance, but if I'm going to pick one thing to fix in this Fox X-men series, it won't be the height. Fix the crappy writing first, the height is just icing on the cake.
Exactly. I just read this quote from an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner about the X-Men series:

Quote:
http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...t-class-110069

Q: Did you take any lessons from the Wolverine prequel?

Lauren Shuler Donner: Well, we have another Wolverine that we’re going to do, The Wolverine Saga, with Mariko, The Japanese Story, that miniseries. But that we pretty much follow the comic pretty closely, as closely, really closely.
Why are they just figuring that out now?