View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #80
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Well, to an extent. But I would argue a good actor can overcome visual challenges. Keaton as Batman for example.

However, this issue of height against Hugh being cast is, quite frankly, stupid. In film he can LOOK SHORTER. The problem is not his height, it's the director's lack of really going for the signature Wolverine look. They could have done that with Hugh. They just needed to get more creative with filming. Sure, it would have been more of a pain in the ass, and easier to cast a shorter person, but they could have done it.

Also, I really don't get the idea that Wolverine "doesn't" get girls, or the notion he is ugly. He's never been ugly. He's rugged, but he gets lots of ladies if you've ever read the comics.

And again, I just want Fox to fix the cruddy script writing. Then I'll start piping up about height. It's classic problem solving. Tackle the REALLY important stuff first. However, it is good news to hear that they're staying close to the 4ish mini that Claremont and Miller wrote. Best, and most influential, Wolverine story told in my opinion.
Exactly. To me it's like they've got a great Wolverine, and they're not doing right by him in these movies, at least not since X2. He really does love the character (I did see Hugh not get annoyed when some idiot shouted "WOLVERINE!!" outside the stage door of his play last year, which was impressive, since I was ready to slug the guy myself), and I think if they get a team behind a move that really knows the character and a director who can really handle the material...they can still make a great movie, at least give him a great finale to his run in the movie series.