View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #90
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Okay, to begin with the whole personality examination on short vs. tall is pretty much moot. People are different. That's just the way it is. I've know shy short people, extroverted short people, angry short people, calm, friendly, grouchy ect. ect. Same with tall.

Trying to base someone's personality solely off height is stupid, because hundreds of factors go into a persons personality. And it depends on the person how big a factor their height plays.

Now, I do agree that Wolverine's height was always meant to be important to the character. But forget all this in-depth examination of the psyche of short people. The answer to why his height is important can be drawn from one simple thing: His Name. Wolverine. A short, vicious, incredibly persistent, and tough animal.

Now, I will have to say, that after seeing Hugh in Origins, I'd be more apt to name him Bear then Wolverine, because Hugh was gigantic.

However, the main argument I have against this is that Jackman COULD have been made to look shorter. This is not his fault. And Jackman worked well with what he had in X1 and X2. The fact of the matter is, the scripts for all of the movies, even the first two, didn't let Wolverine really cut loose the way he's supposed to. Again, that's not Jackman's fault.

I would like to see a shorter Wolverine in the future. Around 5'7 to 5'9ish. I don't want to see a 5'3 Wolverine, simply because he's not drawn like that in comics, today anyways. He's much closer to a 5'8 height.
^All of this.