View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #99
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineXtreme View Post
yeah....I really don't see how Singer's sexuality has anything to do with his casting choices......or the quality of his films.
Because it doesn't.

Quote:
As a comparison, I like to bring up Watchmen. The character Rorschach is short in the original graphic novel ( he's like 5'6" or 5'7" I believe ). And his height is part of his character. He wears lifts as Rorschach and when the cops capture him and discover that, they make fun of him.

Well, when the director cast the movie Rorschach, who did he cast to play the character? A guy who his > 6'0"? No, he cast Jackie Earle Haley who is like 5'5" or 5'6". IOW....a short actor to play a short character.

And the general consensus seems to be that Jackie owned the role of Rorschach. He proved that you don't have to be typical tall and handsome to play a leading male role ( or a guy who kicks ass ).
But for me, unlike X-Men, I had read Watchmen before I saw the movie, and I thought Jackie was the most perfectly cast role. But it wasn't because of his height. I didn't notice he was short when I read Watchmen, and I didn't notice he was short when I saw the movie.

His performance, on the other hand, was the best part of the movie. He was brilliant in that film. His looks didn't matter because he wears a mask for almost all of the film anyway. The only thing that mattered to me was his acting, which was great, especially in his last scene.