View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #34
david icke
Banned User

Default Re: Batman 1966 appreciation thread

Oh yeah, i caught that surf ep back in the late 80s/early90s, that was pretty bad.
I haven't caught much of the third series at all since i was a kid.
I remember there was an ep where Bruce Wayne was hypnotised by a female villan and did not appear as Batman in the entire ep iirc, it was up to Batgirl and Robin to save him, and i think he fought them at the end. I vividly reclal watching that when i was about 3yrs old because i was so wound up that Batman did not appear in costume in the ep, lol, i think that's why that is such a vivid memory.

Back in the late 80s, the repeats on the wide Awake club got so popular that they started running the show every weekday morning as part of the regular breakfast show at about 7.45am, so you could catch it before school. It caught on so much that there was demand to know what West was up to these days, and they did a little piece on him, visited him at home, showed him out walking his dog, and being interviewed, and all the local neighbourhood kids all camped up in his front room, watching Batman eps, which apparently was something that happened a lot. It was a pretty nice, heartwarming little doc, i must've taped it, wish i still had that.