View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #124
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: how to fix wolverines character

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineXtreme View Post
well, sabetoonth and infinity, you're both more tolerant than others I've come across.

But at least you both are fair. I appreciate that and I respect that.

And that's really the point I was trying to make in my post. A sense of fairness and equality. If "height doesn't matter," then it should be just as acceptable for a short guy to play a much taller character, just as a taller actor playing a shorter character.
No problem. I'm a studying actor myself, so more often then not I get annoyed when people try to pin all the blame on someone.

Also, in film especially, a lot of things can be worked around. Height is one of them. On stage, you'd be **** out of luck, (to an extent) but in film, Height doesn't matter quite as much. However, I do realize that your physical appearance does come into play at some point. For example, I'm never going to play Othello, being a white guy. (Unless it's one of those revisionist versions). But, while I do agree Hugh is physically miscast for Wolverine in terms of height, it's something they could have fixed. Singer didn't, but that's not Hugh's fault. And I thought he gave a pretty solid Wolverine for two movies. He's just never had a script that's let him cut loose.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote