View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #38
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Default Re: Marvel Films vs DC Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy Bulge Dubz View Post
I'm really praying for all the new X Men and Spidey films to flop flat on their glutes

I refuse to support those properties until they revert back to Marvel, and if the new reboot flops, as well as first class, then it's a VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY that that's exactly what's going to happen

but they need to flop .......I urge EVERYONE to either skip them or purchase tickets to something else if you absolutely can't help yourself from checking them out
That's tempting...but I'll never be able to do it.

Hard to judge here. A "Marvel film" is IM1, IM2, and TIH. That's it so far. Can't really give the company credit for the others unless we believe it's the characters themselves that are responsible for the movies' quality.

But just going by the characters:

My favorite comic book movie ever is Watchmen...so points to DC. But after viewing Kick Ass multiple times in the past month I may put it as 1a....so points to Marvel.

Let's see...a top 10...some of these change daily since I like them all for different reasons:

1-Watchmen/Kick Ass
2-Iron Man (Marvel)
3-Spider-Man 2 (Marvel)
4-Mystery Men (Dark Horse)
5-Iron Man 2 (Marvel)
6-Superman 2 (DC)
7-X-Men trilogy (Marvel)
8-Spider-Man (Marvel)
9-Blade trilogy (Marvel)
10-Hellboy 1 & 2 (Dark Horse)

Interesting that Spider-Man is the only guy in my top 10 that I was absolutely rabid about as a comic reader. I guess that doesn't matter to me. I'm a huge Hulk fan but couldn't stand the Ang Lee version.

I also like the first FF movie, the Thomas Jane Punisher movie, the first Superman movie, Batman 1, 2, and 5, 300, The Mask, Constantine, Sin City, The Crow, Scott Pilgrim, Men in Black, A History of Violence, The Incredible Hulk, and Daredevil.

I have don't care/negative feelings about FF2, Batman 3, 4, and 6, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Electra, Catwoman, Steel, Swamp Thing, , X-Men Woverine, Wanted, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Road to Perdition, Dick Tracy, Casper, V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Spawn, Judge Dredd, The Shadow, Flash Gordon, Howard the Duck, Supergirl, Punisher: Warzone, and Jonah Hex.

Marvel gets the nod from me if we're just counting the characters and not the ones they control.

Last edited by JeetKuneDo; 09-13-2010 at 05:13 PM.
JeetKuneDo is offline   Reply With Quote