View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #40
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Joker's background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesCameronOnl View Post
Now, my knowledge about the comic books from the past decade is kinda hazy, but I know there was a comic book explaining the origins of the TDK Joker. It said that he had a rough upbringing and killed animals when he was a kid then set his own house on fire, something to that effect. Then he was on his own, moving around in gangs and eventually growing into what he had become.
I think your talking about Brave and the Bold comic which had a Atom/Joker team up. It wasn't a TDK comic it was just a take on the Joker's origin. I kind of like the multiple origin/we don' t know what the true origin is.
I admit that you had valid points jamesCameronOnl about Joker but
Jerry Robbison a co-creator of the Joker(I don't know if Bob Kane was right or not) helped with the making of the Dark Knight as well (http://web.archive.org/web/200608301...lt.php?id=3543) and Tim Burton also admitted to not being a fan but using the killing joke as inspiration as well.
and sure TDK Joker can be seen as a loose adaption in a way(Joker may not have 1930s surreal flamboyant gangster in him or permawhite but alot of Joker traits were in him so I hope people can frogive those two things) but so was the Joker in Batman(1989) but in a way they can be see as faithful comic adaptions as well

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is

Last edited by ironman29758; 10-07-2010 at 03:41 PM.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote