View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #71
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Default Re: Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I agree 100%. To most people Sega is all about what have you done lately, but as I posted earlier one of my favorites games was, X-Men by Sega for the Genesis. I loved everything about the game from the cover art to the part where you get to Mojo and it tells you in order to diffuse the bomb you need to reset the system and you actually have to reset the Genesis system. Simply genius. Also, Spiderman Vs. Kingpin another incredible title as you pointed out. Many people viewed the Saturn and Dreamcast as failure systems, but to anyone who played Capcom's Marvel Superhero's using a converter cartridge for Saturn, knew it was a far superior version to the Playstation crap they put out. As for the Dreamcast, Namco's Soul Calibur remained one of the most beautiful and well put together fighting titles for that generation of systems. Unfortunately, these systems did not meet with public success for whatever reason (perhaps lack of third party support), and I don't think Sega has been the same since. However, they were a power once and if they manage to pull off a few good titles they could be a power again in my opinion. Hopefully, Captain America will be one of those titles to help them return to their former glory.

Surfer
Yep, I remember being stuck on the Mojo level until I read on a Game Pro magazine on how you had to manually reset the Genesis.

I also forgot to mention SEGA did something sort of revolutionary at the time when Magneto was a playable character for the second game, I know people may take it for granted now with the XML games and the MUA games but it was unheard of at the time.

Yeah I'm still hoping SEGA returns to it's former glory.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote