View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #48
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Greatest Composer of a Batman Film!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Guardian View Post
Shirley Walker. She's actually responsible for a lot more of the Elfman soundtrack than people realize (at least according to Bruce Timm and all the people behind B:TAS) and she took the movie score and really developed it further. The music from Mask of the Phantasm always gives me chills.
You believed Bruce Timm and his B:TAS crew who weren't involved whatsoever with any of Burton's Batman films ?

I'm tired of this "Walker being responsible for the Batman 89 score" BS . When all she did was conducted and did additional orchetrations (which wasn't that much) for the score. Bartek (Elfman's longtime orchestrator and friend)orchestrated most of the score. Both Bartek and Walker have stated many times that Elfman was the man and brains behind the Batman score. When critics claimed they were the ones behind the score.

Let me make this clear to everyone who doubts it. ELFMAN WROTE THE BATMAN SCORE HIMSELF. If you don't believe it buy the book "Danny Elfman's Batman: A Film Score Guide". I don't know why it's hard for people to believe that especially now that Elfman is still one of the most sought after composers working today.

His Batman score had some shades of Beetlejuice which he composed before working with Walker. Also if Walker was responsible for the Batman score how come she didn't come back for Batman Returns. A score that a lot of people believe surpassed the original. Again proof that Elfman didn't need Walker's help with the first Batman score or any other score she worked with Elfman on. Except Nightbreed where she wrote an additional cue callled "Charge of the Berserkers" if I'm not mistaken. But that's it.

BTW, BTAS is mainly leftovers from Walker's The Flash . No offense. I love her music for both shows but you can hear it in there.

The reason Bruce Timm hired her other than the fact that she conducted the Batman 89 score was he liked her work on The Flash very much.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote