View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #60
Rac
Deadite

Default Re: The Official Hellboy 3 thread

Quote:
Guillermo del Toro confirms Ron Perlman's reluctance to make Hellboy 3
Luke Savage

Guillermo del Toro still wants to make Hellboy 3, yet Ron Perlman remains not keen. Here’s what you can do about it…

Published on Oct 12, 2010
At the end of last week, we had the pleasure of chatting with Guillermo del Toro, in an interview that you can read in full on the site tomorrow.

One project that we asked him about was Hellboy 3, and whether he had any plans to complete the trilogy of films. And the answer? It confirms the position of a little while back, but offers the tantalising chance of being able to do something about it.

"I would love to," he told us, "but I don't think Ron [Perlman] wants to." He continued, explaining,"He really grew tired of the makeup in the second film and he was really rubbed the wrong way by those seven hour sessions. And I think that ... I don't blame him ... but I think it is almost impossible for him to agree to do it. I can't make a Hellboy film without Ron, you know, at all."

When we suggested that we might put together an online petition to persuade Perlman to sign up for a third Hellboy movie, a chuckling del Toro said, "You know what? If you guys start that, I promise you it would help, because he would absolutely love that."

So, we've done it. You can find it here. And please do sign it. Fond though we are of Sons Of Anarchy, which is paying Perlman's bills right now, a third and final Hellboy movie is something we'd really love to see...
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6305...hellboy_3.html

Quote:
Guillermo del Toro Interview: The Fall, James Cameron, Hellboy 3 and more
Luke Savage

Published on Oct 12, 2010

There's a lot of love for all your films, but especially for the Hellboys. Would you like to make another one, to finish it as a trilogy?
I would love to, but I don't think Ron wants to. He really grew tired of the makeup in the second film and he was really rubbed the wrong way by those seven-hour sessions. And I think that ... I don't blame him ... but I think it is almost impossible for him to agree to do it. I can't make a Hellboy film without Ron, you know, at all.

We'll have to get an online petition to persuade him.
You know what? If you guys start that, I promise you it would help, because he would absolutely love that. [laughs]
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6314..._and_more.html

Quote:
Can moviegoers really persuade Ron Perlman to sign up for Hellboy 3?
Simon Brew

Over 1000 people have already added their names to the list of those wanting Ron Perlman back for Hellboy 3. Can we get enough to make the great man come back to the series?

Published on Oct 14, 2010

Appreciating that there are more stumbling blocks to getting a third Hellboy movie made than this one, there's nonetheless no chance of it happening at all without the mighty Ron Perlman involved. However, as Guillermo del Toro confirmed to us earlier in the week, Perlman isn't keen to reprise the role. You can read more about that here.

Mr del Toro nonetheless did suggest that if we could put an online petition together, it might just help bend Ron Perlman's arm on the matter, and thus we quickly popped something online, and you've come along in good numbers already to add your names. So far, at the time of writing, the total is just over 1100 names.

We relayed this news back to Guillermo del Toro, who declared "That's great!" and when we asked him how many names we needed, he replied "AS MANY AS WE CAN GET!!"

So, friends, this is our moment. Can we possibly generate enough names to persuade Ron Perlman that Hellboy 3 is his destiny? That this is the film he needs to make? That it's worth sitting in the makeup chair for hours at a time?

The petition (for want of a better word!) is here - and please spread this far and wide. Let's see if movie fans really can persuade an actor to return to a franchise...
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6332...hellboy_3.html

I know it won't do any difference, but I signed it anyway.