View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #90
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Another interview:

Apart from your stint on “The Bill Engvall Show,” people know you as a serious indie actress. But coming off “Winter’s Bone,” you did a very glamorous photo shoot in Esquire that got a lot of attention, and then you signed on to make “X-Men,” which was kind of a seismic shift in your career approach. Are you deliberately working to change perceptions?
Yes and no. It was a seismic move, and it did change people’s perceptions. But the truth is, I can’t do as many indies as I want and do as many studios as I want, but I can do a studio and do as many indies as I want. Do you know what I mean?
Wellll ....
[pause] Let me try again. I have a cold so I’m not thinking clearly. Basically, I’m always going to be able to do the little movies that I love. And it was time to move to a studio and do a bigger movie. I do love “X-Men,” I loved the script, I think Matthew Vaughan is a fantastic director, James McAvoy is one of my favorite actors, and Michael Fassbender as well. I was the right move.
I saw an older interview where you railed against the major studios and said you’d lost patience with them.
Well, yeah. I had read a lot of crappy studio scripts when I said that. But that’ll teach me to never say never. Again, this is a total learning process, and I didn’t know what I was talking about.
It became big news on the Internet the other day when you mentioned that you’re only blue in 10 percent of the movie.
Yeah. My publicist said, “Don’t say that today.” But it’s true, I’m not really blue for that much of the movie. I just don't know why that one quote took over the world.
That blue bodypaint can be pretty eye-catching ...
Well, it’s still there. Just not as much.

The movie is an X-Men origin story?
Yeah. It’s a prequel about the founding of the school. And it’s set in the ‘60s, so it’s fun to wear those clothes.