View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #34
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Default Re: Will this really be a better film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
My biggest issue with both X3 and Wolverine: Origins was not that they were the worst superhero movies made. They weren't. Not even close in fact. There are many more films more deserving of the title. My biggest frustration is that they were infuriatingly mediocre. And they both had great material to draw from.

"The Gift" is one of my favorite modern X-men comics. Great inspiration for a movie. But X3 had too many things thrown into it, and it suffered. It wasn't all that bad really. But the problem was that it COULD have been so much more.

Wolverine's origin and Weapon X days are GREAT material. So many good stories you could take from there. Again, what we got, while not all that good, wasn't horrible, and the maddening mediocrity of it was worse to me then if it had been a Ghost Rider or Batman and Robin.
I completely agree.

Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and the Claremont/Byrne run are my two favorite X-Men runs of all time and X3 manages to make a mediocre mess out of the most iconic plot elements from both of them.

As for Wolverine, it is by FAR the most boring telling of Wolverine's origin ever conceived, IMO. I think I'd rather take any interpretation over that one.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote