View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #36
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will this really be a better film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I completely agree.

Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and the Claremont/Byrne run are my two favorite X-Men runs of all time and X3 manages to make a mediocre mess out of the most iconic plot elements from both of them.

As for Wolverine, it is by FAR the most boring telling of Wolverine's origin ever conceived, IMO. I think I'd rather take any interpretation over that one.
That's what got to me really. It wasn't horrible, it was just blah. It was a watered down version of some great stories. Origin could be it's own movie, and it's actually quite poignant, especially with Wolverine's accidental killing of Rose at the end. Had they expounded on that plot solely and had Victor more of a character then Dog was in the original it could have been really cool.

Or take Weapon X itself. Wolverine being turned into Weapon x was a horrific experience, and it was not so much what they did to him physically, but mentally. They literally tried to strip any form of humanity away from him. We completley lost this in the movie. The bonding process held none of the horror of the original comics, or even Singer's brief scenes of the bonding process in X1 and X2.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote