View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: What about a Batman live-action tv series?

Agreed, that would be a terrific idea but I wouldn't want it to be a continuation of what Nolan did. Nolan's Batman is what we see on film, television is such a different beast that it should be a reboot of it's own. However, a full television series with great production value would probably require a budget of $250 Million if not more. The recent Spielberg produced show "The Pacific" had a budget of $170 Million and that was only a miniseries. Imagine what a full Batman show would need.

But I'm not interested in a spin off type thing. It's just too cheap for me. When it comes to superheroes, it's like television is a lower form than cinema and must succumb to something lower. Instead of Superman, a tv show has got to be about Clark on a farm. I don't like Smallville at all. And I couldn't stand the idea of a Bruce Wayne show pre-Batman. Things like that just completely disinterest me. Just give us the full on superhero.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote