View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #520
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Missed opportunities, yes. Vanko's vendetta against Tony seemed stupid, especially when he KNEW Tony was dying slowly anyway. Hammer became a moron from the moment he freed Danko. At what point did Vanko in any way show a willingness to comply with Hammer's wishes and not pursue his own agenda? This was the worst team-up ever. As for War Machine, another missed opportunity. His introduction wasn't handled well. He wasn't portrayed effectively. Much as I didn't think so initially, Howard was a MUCH better Rhodey than Cheadle. The movie as a whole just felt thrown together. We were promised so much and it just didn't deliver. I tend to think that if Avengers weren't already in the pipeline, we would've gotten the sequel we deserved.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on the movie, I watched both movies back to back last night and enjoyed both, but IM1 just had so much more meat on its bones, IM2 had all the ingredients to improve on every aspect of IM1, and didnt really end up improving on any of them. I still enjoy watching IM2, but thats only because of the actors, especially RDJ and Sam Rockwell, who both do a lot more with what was written for them than other actors could.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote