View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #523
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Default Re: Where does Iron Man 2 stand among other superhero sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
He's coming. Fav's realizes that the next Iron Man film has to be the biggest. I truly believe that he's gonna up the ante on IM3, especially since it could be the first Marvel film after the Avengers. Its pretty much 95% guaranteed that he will use Iron Man's archenemy, The Mandarin.
The Mandarin better not take a back seat to anyone else in this movie, especially to War Machine.

The third one will be MUCH better if they completly drop War Machine from the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Everything that everybody is saying here-even remarks made in defense of the film-has merit. This is a first for me. You know what else is a first? I just realized this film series is two installments in and we have yet to see a truly noteworthy villain. Just some idiots stealing Stark's tech and "improving" on it, with disastrous results. Stane was decent but he isn't a heavyweight. When did they kill him off in the comics, anyway? The 80's? Where's the Joker/Doc Ock/Magneto calibur villains, huh?
Missed opportunities.

I understand with them changing the villain from Crimson Dynamo to Stane in the first one, but they should've brought him in for the second one. And then they get a great actor like Mickey Rourke and he really doesn't do anything.

All missed opportunities in favor of War Machine and trying to make Tony into a team player.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 11-24-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote